Working as a makeup artist, I often get asked “what is a good FOUNDATION?” Picking the right foundation can be tricky. Your best bet is to go to a store like Sephora or any department store where there are testers and try out a variety of products in your shade range. But before that ask yourself a few questions.
- What type is your skin? …Oily, Combination, Normal, or Dry
- How often do you wear makeup?…Everyday, 2 -4Xweek, Few days a month, Rare
- Are you trying to cover blimishes, scars, pores, or just want to add a radiance to your complexion?
- How much time do you spend putting on your makeup on daily?
- Do you like to carry your makeup in your purse?
- Do you have concerns about redness?
- Do you find it hard to find the right color?
Here’s a run down for my favorite Foundation…
Laura Mercier Tinted Foundation: This is my favorite foundation with a hint of color that can be used in place of foundation for a natural appearance while adding a healthy glow to your complexion. Great for combination to dry skin for a natural dewy look.
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation: This a rich and luminous foundation offering full coverage while hydrating and protecting the skin. Ideal for persons with rosacea or hard-to-cover pigmentation and it is “Oil Free”.
Laura Mercier Powder Foundation: This powder foundation tends to be more matte than sheer or satin. Apply it wet or dry with the enclosed sponge & it will offer more coverage than a liquid foundation for a true soft focus appearance. Ideal for women with oily Skin.
Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick: This foundation is good for any skin type and great for covering blotchy skin and were made for women on the run who need a quick fix. It is easy to carry in your bag no mesh and a great concealer as well. Best part is it comes in 12 different shades.
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation: This is an oil-free foundation so weightless, and hydrating fluid glides on seamlessly with a silky texture. Great for all skin types. Beautiful color selection for South Asian skin.